Simple, Easy, & Cheap Christmas Light Backdrop

I've found plenty of post on Pinterest showing beautiful backdrops using household items such as curtains and Christmas lights.

Who doesn't have these items laying around?

Here I will show you how I created this easy DIY backdrop.

I didn't have a sheer curtain just laying around, so I went out and purchased a cheap sheer curtain for about $4.99 at a store called At Home.

I used Christmas lights I had stored away and pinned them on the wall. I tried to cover a small amount of the wall without leaving any gaps.

I don't have a backdrop stand at the moment. This is where my painters tape comes in handy. I used painters tape because I didn't want any tape to be torn off the wall once I remove my curtain. The tape is place on the top of the curtain to hold it to the wall.

The white faux fur rug was also purchased from At Home for $25. I not only use the rug for my pictures but I also use it for my couch in place of a throw blanket.



After the set up is done it looks like so.
(I probably should've bought lights with white wiring)


I sat my daughter (Madilynn) a good distance away from the backdrop so that I could get a great bokeh from the Christmas lights.



& that's it. Simple, easy, and cheap




No comments:

Post a Comment