POTTY TRAINING ALREADY?

I recently bought Madilynn the Summer Infant My Size Potty because I want to start a little early with her potty training journey. Before the potty, I would take her to the restroom with me and explain to her that mommy has to potty and this is where mommy goes to potty. After I am done, I allow her to flush. I  point to the handle and repeat the word flush a couple times and I apply pressure on her hand, since her wee little fingers aren't strong enough to allow her to do it herself. After we hear the whooshing sound of the toilet, I give he praise and congratulate her on doing such a great job using the potty.
.
She was very excited about receiving this late gift for her birthday. As soon as I showed her the box,
it was like she instantly knew what it was. She even wanted to open it herself to see what was inside.

I set her little potty in our restroom instead of having it out in the bedroom because I want her to understand the bathroom is where you go to potty. She was so excited to finally be able to sit on her own potty instead of watching mommy sit on the potty.

She immediately noticed the handle once she finished "using the potty", but, she will no use more than one finger to flush.

Madilynn was very proud of herself for finally being able to "use the potty" herself. I think she was more amazed that she had her own potty that is her size.

No comments:

Post a Comment